Learn about the process for requesting a property lien payoff recorded by the Water Resources department
You must submit lien payoff inquiries in writing. To inquire about a property lien that has been recorded by the Hillsborough County Water Resources Department, please follow the steps below and submit your request information.
Things to consider
Providing complete property records and including the Instrument number will make it easier for us to process in a timely manner. A lien payoff response is where an instrument number has been assigned in the Public Record.
How to make an inquiry
- Search the owner name, address or folio number on public property record
- Obtain the lien Instrument Number information in the Clerk of Circuit Court Records
- Submit the form
- The Water Resources department provides a formal response within 72 business hours (3 business days) on all property inquiries where an actual lien recording has been verified
- All other inquiries, including debt payoff requests will be completed in the order they are received
- All payoff inquiries NOT related to a Hillsborough County Public Utility Account or Premise are automatically filtered and will be completed in the order they are received. Response times may exceed 72 hours.