Experienced a high water bill due to a leak? You may be eligible for a leak adjustment review

Things to consider

  • Leaks must be repaired before an adjustment will be considered and must have proof of repair
  • Usage is at least twice the average consumption during the last year
  • Has not received a leak adjustment in the past year
  • Has had at least 3 months service at the premise
  • Usage has returned to normal on the monthly read following the repairs
  • Adjustments will not be considered in cases where excessive water use is due to landscaping (including new or replacement sod), garden hose, spigot/faucet leaks, an alternative water source cross connection (irrigation well or on-site pond), or any repair associated with swimming pool
  • Any adjustments will be applied to your account against future bills
  • Repair verification may be required before an adjustment will be issued. You will receive written confirmation of your adjustment status within 60 days
  • The customer is responsible for all billings until receipt of written notification of leak adjustment or denial

Important notice

Your water account must be at a current balance status prior to leak application review. If your current balance exceeds an average monthly payment, the Utility may offer a reasonable pay extension. A reasonable pay extension requires a 30% down payment and an agreement to pay current billing amounts until review process is complete.

To request a reasonable pay extension, contact Customer Collection Services at (813) 272-5977 ext. 43800. 

Leak adjustment request process

  • Complete the online form providing details about the leak and how repairs were made
    • You must complete all information in detail and submit required documentation with application
    • You are responsible for all billings until receipt of written notification of leak adjustment credit or denial
    • Must repair all leaks


Get help

Department: Water Resources
Email: pud-publicutilitiescustomerservice@hcfl.gov
Phone: (813) 307-1000

Last Modified: 12/8/2023, 10:06:17 PM

Was this page helpful?