Request to start or stop your water service, or move your account to a new address

If you need to start new service within the next one to two business days do not use this form; instead call (813) 307-1000.


  • A $25.00 set-up charge will be billed to the account when starting a new account or moving service
  • When starting service, a deposit is required, but we may waive it if you pass a credit check
  • An additional deposit may be required if overlapping service exceeds 10 days
  • Call for further information on fees (813) 307-1000

Things to consider

Keep these things in mind:

Service availability 

  • Service starts performed Monday - Friday, 8 AM to 5 PM
  • Service stops performed Monday - Thursday, 8 AM to 5 PM
    • We do not turn off service on Friday, Saturday, Sunday, or the day before a County holiday
  • Account balance must be current before we can move service to new address

For all services

You will need to provide the following:

  • Address where service will start and/or stop
  • The date you'll want service to start and/or stop
  • Contact phone number
  • Email address
  • All fees and deposits due

Starting new service

To complete starting service using the online form, you must have an account number from an existing or previous service. If you do not have an account number, you can fill out the form and we will call you back within two days to finish the process.

We require identification for accounts with no previous account number. You will NOT provide these on the form. We will verify identification only over the phone or in-person.

Identification includes:

  • Social security card - can be done by phone
  • Passport - can be done by phone, requires deposit
  • Driver license - must be done in person, by appointment

Stopping service

You will need your account number and the address where you want the final bill sent.

Moving service

If you want us to stop service at the old address, provide the date for that, otherwise we will only need the date to start at the new address.

How to start, stop or move water service

You can request to start, stop or move your water service the following ways:

  1. Phone our Customer Service Center at (813) 307-1000
  2. In person (M-F from 8 AM to 5PM)
  3. Online - Submit the request form


Get help

Department: Water Resources
Phone: (813) 307-1000

Last Modified: 12/8/2023, 10:18:19 PM

Was this page helpful?