If you wish to sell sparklers from a tent or in-store, you will need a permit from the Fire Marshal's office


See fee schedule.

Things to consider

  • Per State Statute 791, you can only sell sparklers from June 20 through July 5 and December 10 through January 2
  • You can’t make any products available for public display or sale until after midnight of the start and finish of each season
  • Sparkler permits are good for one calendar year, only on the dates listed above
  • You must keep the validated receipt and a copy of the permit application packet at the site
  • We issue tent permits for 30 days at a time not to exceed 180 days
  • You must submit a tent permit application a minimum of five business days prior to setup date
  • The Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ) has the right to deny this permit and any future permits if you do not follow any of the above requirements
  • This permit is for the tent and state-approved sparklers only
  • All Consumer Fireworks Retail Sales facilities shall meet all requirements set forth in the Florida Fire Prevention Code, current edition.

Site requirements

  • A minimum of 10 feet between the tent and any structures
  • A minimum of 10 feet between stake lines

How to

  1. Download the application
  2. Complete and submit:

What's next

  1. Turn in the permit application at least five business days prior to tent setup
  2. We will process the application
  3. Our inspectors will come out and see the area where you want to set up the tent
  4. If approved, the inspector will give you the permit at the inspection


If you are not selling sparklers, you need to apply for a Tent permit.

Get help

Department: - Fire Marshal's Office
Email: firemarshal@hcfl.gov
Phone: (813) 744-5541

Last Modified: 1/15/2024, 8:42:51 PM

Was this page helpful?