Setbacks ranging from 30 feet to 50 feet are required from wetlands and natural water bodies to protect and buffer environmentally sensitive areas
You’ll need authorization if your project encroaches into the setback. We may approve limited retaining walls, unenclosed swimming pools or boardwalks administratively, but most vertical improvements are subject to a variance.
Environmental Protection Commission: $270
Things to consider
See the complete application packet for all of the following:
- A complete list of what is needed on the site plans
- Exceptions for compensation planting
- Guidelines and requirements for compensation planting
- Cross section example drawing
- List of Florida native plants
- Download the application
- Complete the appropriate parts
- Submit your application to email@example.com
- For files totaling greater than 25 MB, ensure that you have all required files labeled with the Folio number. Files must be in pdf or jpeg format. Highlight all files to be submitted and compress them into a single .zip file. Please ensure you label this file with the folio number. A visual guide on creating zip file and uploading your documents is available.
*Fillable forms may not work with many browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, etc.) - if you have issues with the form, do one of the following:
- Download the form to your computer and open it up with a PDF viewer, such as Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Download the printable version of the form, print it, and fill out by hand
The request will be processed by Natural Resources within 15 business days.