Helping to keep you and your family safe no matter what the disaster
Hillsborough County Office of Emergency Management is prepared to help keep you and your family safe no matter what the disaster. However, it’s important that we all do our part to prepare for disaster.
Whether the threat is man-made, or a natural hazard such as lightning, tornado, wildfire, flood, a pandemic, hurricane or other tropical storm, preparedness is key to reacting and recovering from a disaster.
Tools to help you prepare
The following videos, printable guides, and online resources will help you get your family ready for any disaster.
General preparedness videos and information
Five lessons to help you prepare for yourself, your family, and your pets.
Lesson 1: Emergency Management
Learn all about what Hillsborough County Emergency Management does for residents and visitors during times of crisis.
Lesson 2: How to Pack for Anything
Lesson 3: Staying Informed
Sign up and be in the know when emergencies happen in Hillsborough County? HCFL Alert.
Lesson 4: Transportation in Emergencies
Lesson 5: Emergency Plans for Pets
Hurricane preparedness videos and information
Understanding Evacuation Zones
- Watch the video What You Need to Know About Evacuation Zones to get information on all of the zones in Hillsborough County, and how to figure out which zone you are in. Need more information?
- Read this article: Evacuation Zones vs. Flood Zones
- You can also find your evacuation zone by Find Evacuation Information.
- Disaster Guide – PDF (English) | Guía de desastres – PDF (Spanish)
- Mobile Home Guide - PDF (English) | Guía de casas móviles - PDF (Spanish)
Hillsborough County Office of Emergency Management is responsible for planning and coordinating actions to prepare, respond, and recover from natural or man-made disasters in Hillsborough County. The Office also provides many services, including public education. For more information from Emergency Management call (813) 272-6600 or use this request form.