Report possible sinkhole or depression areas to the County
If this is regarding an immediate safety concern, do not enter a request. Please call (813) 635-5400.
- missing or damaged Stop, Yield, One Way, and Wrong Way signs
- missing maintenance hole covers or grates
- a blocked roadway
- a large depression in the roadway
Have you spotted a depression in the road or on other public land that you think could be a sinkhole? Be sure to record the location for the report.
We will follow up on any sinkhole reports within 24 hours.
If you feel this possible sinkhole constitutes an emergency, please call 911.
How to report
- Fill out our online form in the At Your Services system
- Choose "Roadway Depression(s)" for the category
- A list of Sinkhole Frequently Asked Questions is available at the Florida Department of Environmental Protection's website
- Additional sinkhole information is available from the Southwest Florida Water Management District's website
- Florida Department of Financial Services - Sinkholes and Catastrophic Ground Collapse Guide