Conservation parks and nature preserves rules to know before you go
General rules that apply to all Hillsborough County conservation parks and nature preserves
- All plants and animals are protected
- No hunting is allowed
- Where fishing is allowed, you must follow state regulations.
- Pets must be restrained on a hand-held leash, and their poop must be scooped and disposed in the trash
- Please stay on marked trails. Bikes, horses, and campfires are only allowed in specified areas in certain parks and preserves. No unauthorized vehicles are allowed. If you have an emergency or witness illegal activities, call 911.
For a complete list of Hillsborough County park ordinances and laws please see Municode Chapter 38.
Have questions? Call us at (813) 829-2626.
Before you go
- Read your destination’s webpage for site details and important announcements (like trail closures)
- Download or print a trail map when available
- Most importantly, know your limits. We offer guided tours on foot, by canoe, and wagon – and we’ll be happy to show you our favorite highlights!