You must meet all requirements listed on the submittal checklist in the application to apply for a special use permit
Certain uses have been determined to require additional design standards to ensure compatibility with adjacent uses and the surrounding neighborhood. A Land Excavation is the excavation and subsequent removal from a site of any material of more than 10,000 cubic yards and is subject to review for compliance with these additional design standards through a noticed public hearing process with approval by the Board of County Commissioners (BOCC). The Special Use Permit application must contain all required information and documents needed for the hearing.
- View a list of zoning fees
Things to consider
- You need to meet all requirements listed on the submittal checklist
- We will not accept incomplete applications
- For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- A hearing with the Board of County Commissioners (BOCC) is required after the application is submitted
- The application deadlines for the hearings are listed in the Special Use-Land Excavations schedule
- Download and complete the application.
- Special Use Land Excavation Application - Fillable* (PDF)
- Special Use Land Excavation Application - Printable (PDF)
- Ensure that you have all required files labeled with the Folio number
- Files must be in pdf format and minimum resolution of 300 dpi
- If the total size of your files is under 25 MB
- Email them to email@example.com
- If the total size of your files is greater than 25 MB or you are having difficulty sending them via email
- Once payment is received, you will receive your required letter of notice, HOA mailing list and instructions about how to proceed with mailing your notice. Mailing deadlines and delivery of electronic delivery of proof of mailing will also be provided.
*Fillable forms may not work with many browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, etc.) - if you have issues with the form, do one of the following:
- Download the form to your computer and open it up with a PDF viewer, such as Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Download the printable version of the form, print it, and fill out by hand
- Within 15 business days after the hearing we will notify you of the LUHO decision
- If granted, you can move forward with your project.
- You will need to apply for a Land Excavation Operating Permit
- If denied, you can appeal the Land Use Hearing Officer decision to the Land Use Appeals Board
- You must file your appeal within 30 calendar days of the decision
- Appeal fee is $202