Speak In-Person or Virtually at a BOCC Meeting or Public Hearing
Sign-ups for both virtual and in-person public speaking opportunities for public hearings and public comments close at 9 a.m. on the day of the meeting.
Hybrid meeting format
The hybrid format allows for board members and select staff to meet in-person at a physical location, while those wishing to speak at the meeting can choose to do so virtually or in-person.
You can sign-up to speak virtually or in-person by using the link below until 9 a.m. on the day of the meeting. You may also sign up in-person on the day of the meeting in the lobby of the Frederick B. Karl County Center located at 601 E. Kennedy Blvd. in downtown Tampa. Assistance will be available on-site between 8:30 a.m. and 9 a.m.
Speakers, both virtual and in-person, will be called on in the order of when the speaker sign-up form is submitted.
Procedures and requirements
Order and time limits
- Residents speaking on scheduled agenda items will be called before those speaking on non-scheduled agenda items
- Prioritization is on a first-come, first-served basis
- Up to 3 minutes are allowed for each speaker
Presentations from speakers
- Audiovisual presentations such as PowerPoints, digital photos, audio, and video files for public comments are only accepted for those who are participating in person at meetings that allow in-person public comment
- Audiovisual presentations are not accepted from those participating virtually. However, presentations may be submitted to the Clerk’s Office for insertion into the official record. Please email any submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Those participating in person and wishing to share audiovisual presentations, must submit their material to Hillsborough Television (HTV) in advance. PowerPoint presentations and video clips must be submitted forty-eight hours (48) prior to the start of the meeting (excluding weekend hours). Documents and photos that will be displayed on the overhead projector (ELMO) shall be submitted twenty-four hours (24) prior to the start of the meeting. Visual materials include any items that are to be displayed through the audio/visual system. This includes, without limitation, photographs, audio and video presentations, charts, computer presentations, computer screen images, posters and flyers, whether in physical or electronic format. Send your presentation to HTVrequest@hcfl.gov or call (813) 272-5314 to make arrangements.
- After submitting the form, you will receive a confirmation email or submission screen that will have information on how to participate in the meeting
- Callers will be muted upon calling and will be unmuted in the submission order after being recognized by the Chair by name
- You must call into the conference with the same number that you provide on the form, so that staff can identify and associate your name with your number
- After submitting the form, you will receive a confirmation email or submission screen
- Boardroom seating capacity is 85 visitors for special recognitions, public comment, and viewing. If capacity is met, overflow will be accommodated in the first floor multipurpose room.
- Face coverings are strongly encouraged in the boardroom, though not required
Sign-up to speak
Click the button below to sign-up to speak either virtually or in-person.
- The Board Chair will call on speakers by name in the order in which they have submitted the form
- The form will open 48-hours prior to the meeting and will remain open until 9 a.m. on the day of the meeting
- You must provide your name on the form, and virtual speakers also must provide a phone number on the form. If you want a confirmation sent to you, you will need to provide an email address.
- You can choose to speak on agenda items and/or off-agenda topics