If your household has at least one person age 60 or older and is experiencing an energy crisis, you may be eligible for this program
The Emergency Home Energy Assistance Program (EHEAP) is a federally funded program that assists low-income households with at least one person 60 years of age or older when the household has an imminent energy crisis.
In order to receive assistance, your household must meet the following requirements:
- Be a U.S. Citizen or an alien resident who is eligible for federal benefits
- Be a resident of Hillsborough County
- At least one household member must be age 60 or older
- Have a household gross income of no more than 150 percent of the Federal Poverty Guidelines
- Be responsible for paying their home energy bills
- Must have a recent energy bill
- Additional qualifications may be necessary to determine eligibility
- Applicants will be informed at the time of application
Things to consider
Hillsborough County prioritizes financial assistance appointments to the most vulnerable population (persons 60 years or older, school-age, or with a disability).
If you think you qualify for assistance, contact your local Community Resource Center to schedule an appointment. At the appointment a member of our staff will help you complete the application. Download the EHEAP Application Checklist for a complete list of documents you will need to bring to your appointment.