Seniors, people with disabilities, and low-income residents may be eligible for this program
The Sunshine Line provides door-to-door transportation for elderly, people with disabilities, or low-income residents who do not have, or can’t afford their own transportation.
Things to know
- Transportation is provided for medical and social service appointments, grocery trips, health and wellness, personal business and more
- Trips are prioritized based on trip purpose and provided on a space-available basis
- After you are enrolled, you can make reservations by calling Sunshine Line Monday - Friday, 8 AM to 5PM
- They can be made up to seven days in advance, but must be made no less than two days in advance
- Return trips are scheduled when you make your trip reservation
- All vehicles are wheelchair accessible
- Transportation is provided Monday through Friday to the nearest location available
- Drivers will not go inside buildings to find you
- Drivers will offer assistance to and from the building, and into the vehicle, including assisting with the seat belt, and securing wheelchairs
- Changes to return times will be accepted only if possible
EligibilityEligibility for the program is based on income, age, disabilities, available transportation and where the transportation is needed
There are currently no fees for this service.
How to enroll
To enroll in the door-to-door service program, call Sunshine Line at (813) 272-7272, Monday - Friday from 8 AM to 5 PM to find out if you are eligible.
When calling, you will need to provide the following information:
- Address and telephone number
- Social Security number
- Date of birth
- Disability type
- Household income
You will then be sent an application form that must be completed and returned to continue receiving service:
- Application form - fillable*
- Application form - printable
- For Spanish, large print or other versions of forms call (813) 272-7272
*Fillable forms may not work with many browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, etc.) - if you have issues with the form, do one of the following:
- Download the form to your computer and open it up with a PDF viewer, such as Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Download the printable version of the form, print it, and fill out by hand
Persons with disabilities who need accommodations to make any of these document accessible should email the Hillsborough County ADA Officer or call (813) 276-8401; TTY: 7-1-1.
To enroll, find out any other information on the Door-to-Door program or make reservations for transportation, call Sunshine Line at (813) 272-7272, Monday - Friday from 8 AM to 5 PM.