Back to nature, no electric and no water at our primitive camping sites
Find information on the features, cost, registration, and locations for primitive camping.
Primitive camping features
- Tent camping only
- No water
- No electric
- Must hike in all of your supplies and pack out all trash
Primitive camping cost
See locations below for costs.
Primitive camping reservations
Reservations are required. Checkout time is noon for all locations.
Primitive camping locations
Currently we have two primitive camping locations:
- Camping is FREE at this location
- To make a reservation, fill out our online reservation form
- Reservations must be received at least 14 days prior to your desired camping date
- Reservations are not accepted more than three months prior to the requested reservation date
- A staff member will get back with you in 7 business days to let you know if your chosen camping dates are available, and finalize your reservation
- For more information, call (813) 672-7876. A staff member is available Mon-Fri 8 AM to 4 PM to assist you
Three campsites are accessible by hiking out with your equipment and supplies from the trailhead located on County Road 39. Sites do not have potable water and not accessible by bicycle.
- The Otter Site is 2.5 miles from the trailhead
- The Hawk Site is 2.2 miles
- The Bobcat Site is 1 mile
- Camping costs $2 per person with a minimum of $12
- There are 4 sites with a maximum of 8 people per site
- To make a reservation, call the park directly at (813) 757-3801
- View or download the Aldermans's Ford park map