In accordance with the requirements of title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 ("ADA"), Hillsborough County will not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities on the basis of disability in its services, programs, or activities. Persons with disabilities who need an accommodation such as large print or an interpreter, should contact the Hillsborough County ADA Officer at (813) 276-8401; TTY: 7-1-1. For individuals who require hearing or speech assistance, please call the Florida Relay Service Numbers, (800) 955-8771 (TDD) or (800) 955- 8700(v) or Dial 711 no later than 72 hours prior to the proceedings. All BOCC meetings are closed captioned.
What we do
Respond to complaints of discrimination on the basis of disability in the delivery of County programs, services, or activities to qualified individuals with disabilities under title II of the ADA. Employment discrimination complaints under the ADA should be forwarded to the Equal Employment Opportunity Division.
The ADA does not require Hillsborough County to take any action that would fundamentally alter the nature of its programs or services, or impose an undue financial or administrative burden.
Frequently requested services
- Report a Discrimination or Fair Housing Complaint
- Special Needs Disaster Assistance
- Adaptive Sports and Recreation
- Apply for Disability Back Door Trash Collection
- ADA Guide to Services | ADA Guide to Services (Spanish)
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- 2010 Standards for Accessible Design
- Transition & Action Plan Update
- Self-Evaluation Survey Report
- ADA Video Gallery
- ADA Grievance Procedure (AD-33)
- Disability Etiquette
- ADA National Network
- A Primer for Small Business
- A Primer for State and Local Governments
- ADA.Gov - Service Animals
- ADA Technical Assistance
- Disaster Assistance
- Register for Special Needs Disaster Assistance
- Title VI Compliance Officer
- Notice of Nondiscrimination
- Parking for Businesses
- Service Animals
- ADA Notice
- Anyone who requires an auxiliary aid or service for effective communication, or a modification of policies or procedures to participate in a program, service, or activity of the County, should contact ADA Officer at (813) 276-8401; TTY: 7-1-1) as soon as possible but no later than 72 hours before the scheduled event. The ADA does not require the County to take any action that would fundamentally alter the nature of its programs or services, or impose an undue financial or administrative burden.
- Complaints that a program, service, or activity of the County is not accessible to persons with disabilities should be directed to the ADA Officer at (813) 276-8401; TTY: 7-1-1.
- If you have suggestions or concerns related to the accessibility of any content on this website, or have ideas or comments that would help us improve the accessibility and usability of our website, please contact the Web Services section of the Communications and Digital Media department. If applicable, please include the web address or URL and the specific problems you have encountered.