The FishHawk Creek Preserve is an approximately 1,550 acre site located in Southeastern Hillsborough County. The Preserve is located along the riparian corridor of FishHawk Creek, a significant tributary of the Alafia River. As a result, the acquisition and protection of the Fish Hawk Creek Preserve has provided an essential link in assuring the long-term protection of a significant regional habitat corridor. The preserve is bisected by FishHawk Blvd., and is identified by a north section and a south section. The south portion of the Preserve has a basketball court, 2 pavilions, and a trail head for over 6 miles of hiking trails on the preserve. While you may see the preserves name sake, the osprey also known commonly as a Fish Hawk, there are many opportunities to view an array of wildlife on the preserve.
- The preserve is bisected by FishHawk Blvd., and is identified by a north section and a south section.
- The north portion is adjacent to Lithia Springs Conservation Park, includes two pavilions with picnic tables, and a trailhead for over 3 miles of hiking trails on the preserve. Parking is 3931 Lithia Springs Road
- The south portion has parking at 16640 Boyette Rd. and includes pavilions with picnic tables, a basketball court, and a trailhead. Part of this portion is closed for restoration.
Hiking safety guidelines
Always be prepared when hiking on nature preserves:
- Bring plenty of water
- Download the map
- Tell someone your plan
- Wear proper shoes and sun protection
- Stay on marked trails
- During the rainy season, many trails will have standing water.
- If you think you are lost, call us at (813) 672-7876
- In case of an emergency, call 911