Cockroach Creek Greenway is a 550 acre preserve. Vegetation communities occurring on this preserve include freshwater marshes, pine flatwoods, streams, and oak hammocks. Several plant species endemic to pine flatwoods can be found here. The Preserve is located south of Valroy Road and north of the Manatee County Line in southern Hillsborough County.
Things to know
- Marked trails will be inundated for extended periods of time during the wet season
- Mosquito repellent and appropriate hiking gear should be utilized
Hiking safety guidelines
Always be prepared when hiking on nature preserves:
- Bring plenty of water
- Download the map
- Tell someone your plan
- Wear proper shoes and sun protection
- Stay on marked trails
- During the rainy season, many trails will have standing water.
- If you think you are lost, call us at (813) 672-7876
- In case of an emergency, call 911