This Board governs the certification and/or compliance standards for plumbing and gas contractors doing work in Hillsborough County and enforces adherence to the standards set by the Plumbing and Gas Code
The board members shall be appointed by the governing bodies of the jurisdictions that choose to use the County's boards and enter into an interlocal agreement with Hillsborough County.
The membership of this Board shall be appointed by the BOCC and shall be comprised of seven members and four alternates. Composition is specified as follows:
- 3 Master Plumbers
- 1 Journeyman Plumber or Natural Gas Installer
- 1 Hillsborough County Health Department representative
- 1 State of Florida Professional Engineer qualified to work in the area of sanitary or mechanical engineering
- 1 Liquid Petroleum Installer or Master Gas Fitter licensed by the State of Florida
- 4 Alternates
Members shall serve four year terms. Alternates shall serve two year terms.
- Annual Financial Disclosure is required.
Hillsborough County Construction Code Ordinance 13-23; effective August 23, 2013.
Quarterly - see council events for dates, times, and locations
601 E. Kennedy Blvd, 19th Floor
Tampa, FL 33602
Phone: (813) 272-5600