This Board hears appeals of decisions of the Land Use Hearing Officer on special use permits and variances from zoning regulations
The membership of this Board will be appointed by the BOCC and shall consist of seven members and two alternates representing the following categories. No more than two persons will be appointed from any one category.
- Attorney with at least five years of experience, shall be an attorney practicing in Hillsborough County who shall have been admitted to the Florida Bar for not less than five years
- Landscape architect or architect, registered to practice in the state of Florida
- Business owner or operator in unincorporated Hillsborough County
- Professional planner with not less than three years of experience in land use planning or zoning in Hillsborough County
- Civil or environmental engineer registered to practice in the state of Florida
- Member of a civic or neighborhood organization in unincorporated Hillsborough County
- Developer active in development in Hillsborough County or a duly licensed general contractor (Class A) active in business in Hillsborough County
- Two alternates
Members shall serve three year terms.
On April 11, 2013, the BOCC voted to change the LDC to eliminate the term limit requirements for the LUAB to take effect April 17, 2013.
- Annual financial disclosure is required
- Unincorporated residency is required
Hillsborough County Land Development Code
Unless otherwise specified, meetings take place monthly, 1st Friday, 1:30 PM, as needed.
Brandon Regional Service Center (Consumer Protection)