This Authority monitors the lease entered into in 1997 with Florida Health Sciences Center, Inc., which permits FHSC to occupy the Authority's Davis Island property and transfers ownership and operation of Tampa General Hospital
Monitoring the hospital's overall condition, indigent and charity care reports and MBE contract participation, and reviewing citizen grievances who feel they were denied care due to the inability to pay are the primary obligations of the Authority Board.
The membership of this Authority shall be comprised of 15 members appointed as follows:
Hillsborough County Commissioners - 14 members
USF President - 1 member
Membership is to include:
- 2 - Hillsborough County Commissioners
- 1 - USF Representative
Members shall serve four year terms.
- Annual financial disclosure required.
- Members who are practitioners of the healing arts may not constitute more than three members of the Authority at any given time.
- Chapter 96-449, Laws of Florida
- Hospital Authority Bylaws