Makes recommendations for improving accessibility and efficiency of care for medically poor residents
This Board improves accessibility and efficiency of care for medically poor residents of Hillsborough County through recommendations to the Board of County Commissioners for fund allocation, coordination, planning, and monitoring of health care delivery systems.
The membership of this Board shall be appointed by the BOCC and shall be comprised of 17 members. Composition is specified as follows:
- 1 USF College of Medicine representative
- 1 USF College of Public Health representative
- 1 Hillsborough County Medical Association representative
- 1 Health care business or professional representative
- 1 Mental health care provider
- 1 Community health care provider who is not a physician
- 1 Hillsborough County School Board representative
- 1 Health insurance industry representative
- 1 Person who represents the non-healthcare business community
- 1 Network provider hospital representative
- 1 Consumer non-profit organization representative
- 4 At-large representatives
- 2 Persons who at the time of appointment or any subsequent reappointment, are participants in the Hillsborough County Indigent Health Care Plan
Members shall serve four year terms.
BOCC Resolution 99-176, 00-059, and 00-140.
Unless otherwise noted, the full board meets monthly on the 3rd Thursday at 3 PM. See the Council Events to view the schedule, including dates, times and locations for board and subcommittee meetings. Click on a date to see the full annual schedule for that board or subcommittee.