Encouraging water conservation by helping with the installation of efficient low-volume irrigation systems in community maintained areas

Neighborhood, Civic, Homeowner’s Associations and Special Taxing Districts in Unincorporated Hillsborough County are eligible to apply for a low-volume irrigation grant.

Low-volume irrigation is defined as a maximum of 0.5 gallons per minute, per emitter, at operating pressures not to exceed 25 p.s.i.

Your association may use funds to retrofit current systems, or install new systems in areas with a water hookup readily available.


Things to consider

  • We invite neighborhood leaders to propose projects that will install or retrofit irrigation systems with low-volume technology in community maintained areas
    • Area can be either community owned or city/County owned and community-maintained
    • Attach proof of ownership and/or city/County maintenance agreements to the application
  • The maximum grant is $2,500 per association
  • Deadline to apply is Sept. 30
  • We accept applications on a continual basis

Projects that we won't consider

  • Completed on private property, subsequently benefiting an individual property owner
  • Watering areas that contain solely or mostly sod
  • Presented without evidence of association Board of Directors (Trustee) approval

How to apply

  1. Download the application
  2. Read each question carefully and respond in the space provided
  3. Submit the completed application by dropping-off or mailing to:
    County Center
    Office of Neighborhood Relations
    601 E. Kennedy Blvd., 28th Floor,
    Tampa, FL 33602

You can also email your application, but if you email your application, you still must also mail or deliver the original to the above address

What's next

  1. We will review the application
  2. Upon approval of an application, we will contact your association to discuss the selection of an installation vendor
    • If the association has a contracted maintenance vendor who is licensed, insured and capable of and willing to perform the installation, we will make arrangements to use that vendor
    • If the association does not have a contracted maintenance company that can install or retrofit a system, we will select an installer from a list maintained by the Office of Neighborhood Relations
  3. Identify a specific area that shows evidence of local resident involvement and concurrence

Get help

Department: Customer Service & Support
Email: neighborhood-relations@hcfl.gov
Phone: (813) 272-5860

Last Modified: 12/8/2023, 9:36:01 PM

Was this page helpful?